Inspired by travel, story, and scenery, Claire Thompson aims to paint landscape scenes in a playful and whimsical style that evokes memory, space, and joy.
This original painting is one of a kind. A few specifics about this piece:
- Size 36" x 36" x 1.5", with painting wrapping around all edges.
- Painted with oil paints.
- Painting does NOT include a frame -- would look great in a floating walnut frame or hung as is.
- Ships from Austin, TX. Available for free delivery within 15 miles of 78723, or for an added shipping cost to be calculated after purchase.
- Artist retains rights to future reproductions or reprints of this original piece.
- The first photo shows this painting next to a 5x7 photo for size reference.
This painting was inspired from several weeks of driving through the Italian countryside, notably the southern region of Puglia. Here, my husband and I enjoyed wine, olive oil, and the simple landscape of southern Italy. On the day that this particular photo was taken, we had a slow morning in the sleepy town of Vignacastrisi, ate a seafood lunch with white wine at a local-recommended seaside eatery, and were on our way to sit on the beach one town over. The ebb and flow of the mountains mixed with winding roads and seaside views reminded me of being in northern California but with a magical hint that only Italy can provide.
The cost of shipping will be calculated and billed after painting is purchased, ranging from $75-$100 depending on location. Free pickup or delivery within 15 miles of 78723.